Thursday, September 22, 2005

Movie review: Junebug

Ten years ago, I went to my grandmother’s funeral in Southwestern Ohio. My father was the youngest of nine children, which means that both he and I have cousins old enough to be our parents, and that I’m part of an extended family of which I have met maybe 10 percent. During the final service at the gravesite, I remember looking around at the motley collection of mouth-breathers, rednecks, slack-jaws and hill-williams that made up my family. Being of Scotch-Irish descent, I thought to myself, “You know, if we were back in the old country centuries ago, these people would be my clan.” The thought gave me the shivers.

Read the full review.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. F -Scots-Irish..scotch is for drinkin' 8^) (of highland descent myself)..

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Mr Fabulous said...

Thanks Maudie-- perhaps the fact that I was drinking scotch at the time I wrote this had something to do with the error!

Cheers,

Mr. Fabulous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home